If you are a college student (we will only hire college students for this role) and you have ambitions to be a Space / Science / STEM communicator this could be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a college student pursuing a degree in the fields of STEM and/or Communications with an interest in a career path in Science / STEM Communications. We are looking for a student who is a go-getter and looking to build their resume with a long-term role that will help them land their first job out of college in the Space / STEM communications field.
This position will give practical real life experience in one of the fastest growing Space / STEM nonprofits today. It is an exciting time to be joining our team and get this level of experience. This is an amazing opportunity!
This is a 10-20 hour per week, minimal one year position. This will be a dedicated position, meaning we request the person hired for this internship does not hold any other job during the school year, but they may be able to take on an additional part-time position during the summer.
The right candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading), have working knowledge of networking channels (including Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and have excellent organization skills.
- Create messaging for social media channels
- Assist in managing day-to-day activities on social media channels
- Assist in social media and online marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist in public relations, reporter outreach, writing press releases and more!
- Assist in online event planning, messaging and execution
- Assist in writing copy for website, emails and any other part of the organization
- Donor communications
- Member communications
- Updating WordPress website and publishing blog posts
- Organizing photos, event messaging, donor and member outreach and more
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong writing skills, including proofreading skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written format
- Team player, with the confidence to take risks and dive into new projects, head first
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new social media and online tools quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Dropbox and Google Docs
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Responsible, goal orientated, focused and cause-driven
Send an email inquiry by May 1, 2017 to [email protected] that includes:
- writing sample
- links to social media accounts
- resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn page
Applicants that do not send all required application material as outlined above will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted by May 1, 2017 – We will be reviewing them as they come in – the early bird could get the worm!