Join us for the second annual Give to Mars Day Potato Challenge
Mark your calendars for the fun on November 17, 2016! The Potato Challenge is a fun interactive online event where participants choose to survive living only on 16 ounces of water and 10 medium sized potatoes for 24 hours. As a team can earn more supplies such as condiments, coffee, treats and more through challenges that happen throughout the day and also when The Mars Generation reaches fundraising goals. Scroll to bottom for sign up form!
We have a $10,000 match for all donations made through November 17, 2016
We don’t get the $10,000 unless we raise $10,000 and we need your help to make this happen!
***All funds raised during the Potato Challenge will go to our scholarship fund to send disadvantaged kids to Space Camp USA.
The event is 24 hours (Midnight 12:00am CST November 17 – 11:59pm CST November 17).
You take the challenge and be a participant or join our Ground Support Crew and cheer the TMG martians on! Either way sign up below! Here is a perfect guide for Potato Challenge Success! It will guide you on what to do once you have been challenged!
How to Win Prizes and Earn Rewards
There are two ways you can come away from the Potato Challenge with some cool space swag.
- You can be entered for random prize drawings that will begin November 14 – November 17. To be entered simply post on Twitter using the #PotatoChallenge and #GTMD16 hashtags. Post photos as you prepare and participate in the challenge, post updates on your fundraising and ask people to donate directing them to our donation link. The more you share the more chances you have to win! Prizes include TMG logo t-shirts, TMG patches, The Martian book autographed by author Andy Weir and as a grand prize we have a TMG patch jacket! Rules for the challenge and prizes can be found here.
- If you want to earn cool space swag (and not depend on a random drawing) you can set up an individual fundraising page and fundraise for TMG. We have all kinds of resources to help you with fundraising including email templates and pre-written social messages to help you.
The fundraising rewards include:
- Raise or donate $25 to receive TMG stickers
- Raise or donate $50 to receive a special art print titled “Love to Mars” and all lower level rewards
- Raise or donate $75 to receive 2 space children’s books by Andrew Rader, Epic Space Adventure and Mars Rover Rescue and all lower level rewards
- Raise or donate $150 receive a TMG logo t-shirt and all lower rewards
- Raise or donate $250 receive a TMG logo sweatshirt and all rewards $75 and lower
- Raise or donate $500 receive a special TMG swag package including all lower level rewards and also a TMG patch, Soyuz Adventure patch, TMG stickers and TMG magnet, one year TMG membership and all benefits included.
- Raise or donate $1000 and receive all lower level prizes plus a custom black mid-weight jacket with TMG patch on upper left front (this jacket sits at your waist).
To setup a fundraising page please follow this guide here, make sure you title your individual fundraiser with your first name and the words Potato Challenge in it so people know what you are fundraising for. All funds raised from November 1 – November 30 will count towards receiving the prizes above.
Sign Up Below To Qualify for Prizes
Make sure you sign up so you qualify for drawings that will be happening throughout the day. See the guidelines for information on prizes and to learn more about The Potato Challenge click here. Ground support crew members should sign up too!