This scholarship is for 100% of the tuition to 1 week of space camp (July 8-14, 2017) and includes a flight suit, transportation and a small spending stipend. The total value is approximately $2,500.
Welcome students! We are happy you are here. Please fill out this application completely and make sure you spend some time on your proposal and have it reviewed by a teacher or trusted advisor. Spelling and grammar are important. This is a very competitive scholarship.
You will also need to get a teacher recommendation and also a mentor needs to agree to oversee your scholarship and project if you are selected. Click here for recommendation and mentor form to send to selected teacher/mentor. Please talk to your mentor/teacher ahead of applying for the scholarship to ensure that they agree to overseeing your scholarship process.
Applications are due no later than 11:59pm CST on January 15, 2017
Application requirements include:
- Must join the TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program (see themarsgeneration.org for information and to signup)
- Family must qualify for the USDA FREE lunch program. We do require verification of your family qualification of the USDA FREE lunch program if you are awarded a scholarship.
- Must live in the continental U.S. (Lower 48 states)
- Must be able to attend Space Camp the week of July 8-15, 2017
- Have never attended Space Camp USA in Huntsville, Alabama
- If you are chosen for a TMG Space Camp Scholarship, you will be required to submit a deposit of $300 to The Mars Generation to accept your scholarship. The deposit will be refunded once you attend camp (if you do not make it camp due to illness or any other reason you forfeit the deposit.)
- Must be between the age of 15-17 as of July 1, 2017.
- Application must be submitted by 11:59pm January 15, 2017
Please make sure your family qualifies for the USDA FREE lunch program. This is the income requirement to receive this scholarship. If you are selected to receive a scholarship your family will need to provide proof through tax return or USDA qualification letter. You can check the income qualifications here (make sure you look at FREE means – not reduced price meals on chart): https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-03-31/pdf/2015-07358.pdf
Make sure you are the first to know about scholarship application openings, deadlines and other news by signing up for our email list below: