Join Us For Our 3rd Annual #TrainLikeAMartian Challenge
May 14-18, 2018
Sign up now and join us for our third annual #TrainLikeAMartian event! We expect that the event will be a blast! Anyone can join including individuals, students, teachers, schools, sports teams, community organizations and anyone who wants to get involved. For educator resources to plan for event please click here.
What is the #TrainLikeAMartian challenge? The #TrainLikeAMartian Challenge is a week of fun activities that brings awareness to the importance of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) education, space exploration, and physical fitness to students and adults around the world! This is a chance to have fun, spread an important message, and have a opportunity to win some cool space and STEM prizes May 14-18, 2018!
Daily prizes include:
TMG magnets, TMG logo patches, TMG stickers, Astronaut Abby patches, TMG coloring books and more! We will hold multiple random drawings of all entries each day of the event May 14-May 18, 2018.
Grand prizes include:
The Arckit 180 provides everything you need to design and build your own impressive model structures up to 180 sq.m (1,937 sq.ft) to scale, including adhesive sheets to add realistic building finishes. There are no set instructions – just follow your imagination!
Lottie Doll Supreme Play Package (1 lucky winner)
1 Star Gazer doll,1 Muddy Puddles doll, and 1 Wildlife Photography doll, 1 Doll Treehouse, and 1 Astro Adventure Suit.
1 Lottie Doll of Winner’s Choice plus 1 Astro Adventure Suit (3 lucky winners)
Grand prize drawing will be after the event. Winners will be chosen by random drawing of all entries throughout the event.
Constellation Community Challenge: Our event sponsors: United Launch Services (ULA), Lottie Dolls, Arckit, Indulge Sweets, Aerojet Rocketdyne and Classform.com have joined forces to offer a $10,000 matching challenge grant to our community. Please help us earn this $10,00o challenge grant by becoming part of our constellation community by donating today! Every donation up to $10,000 is matched 100%! Donate now here!
All donations through May 18, 2018 will be doubled up to $10,000! Click here for details.
This means we have the potential to raise $20,000 for The Mars Generation programs including sending students who lack financial resources to Space Camp! Donating is not required to participate in the challenge, but for every $25 donated you will receive on entry into the daily and grand prize drawings. Click here to donate.
Want to earn special rewards? Become a fundraiser for The Mars Generation Train Like A Martian challenge for a chance to earn exclusive rewards. Scroll to the bottom fo the page for all fundraising rewards. Fundraising is not required to participate in the challenge.
How To Enter To Win Prizes:
You can enter to win prizes as a participant, cheerleader or donor by following the entry guidelines below.
Win Prizes As A Crew Member (participant):
- Make sure you sign up here. You must be signed up to qualify to win our daily prizes.
- May 14-18, 2018: Complete the daily Train Like A Martian Challenge activity and/or our bio-hack challenge published on our social media channels and blog.
- Share photos/videos of yourself or others participating on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also do any physical activity and share those photos/videos.
- Make sure to include the #TrainLikeAMartian hashtag when sharing photos and videos in order to be entered for prizes you must use the hashtag,.
You can enter multiple times each day. Below are the maximum entries per day allowed:
**Every photo (up to 3 photos per day) = 1 entry/photo
**Every video (up to 3 videos per day) = 2 entries/video
**Every post asking your followers to donate to The Mars Generation that includes both #TrainLikeAMartian and the URL TheMarsGeneration.org/event-donate = 2 entries for each social media post
How To Win Prizes As A Ground Support Crew Member (cheerleader):
If you are a member of the Ground Support Crew, you can cheer others on and also tweet to ask others to donate to be entered for a chance to win! Ground Support Crew members sign up on the same form as our participants and follow same guidelines above for entering. Only unique tweets with photos and hashtags will count. (Click here for a file of fun photos and pre-written social media posts to help you with entering each day.)
How To win Prizes As A Donor:
You can choose to donate to our #TrainLikeAMartian fundraising initiative to support The Mars Generation programs and be entered in the daily and grand prize drawings. Fore every $25 donated you will get one entry in the daily prize drawings and grand prize drawing.
How To Earn Rewards For Fundraising
Be a superstar in our Constellation by helping The Mars Generation raise funds to reach our $10,000 goal and receive our $10,000 matching challenge grant and earn special The Mars Generation rewards too!
You can choose to fundraise using Facebook’s fundraising setup through The Mars Generation Facebook page or through our fundraising platform (GiveMN) here (if you don’t use Facebook). Setting up fundraisers on Facebook and GiveMN is easy and it’s fun to help The Mars Generation reach it’s fundraising goal of $10,000 and support all of our programs. For a special how to guide on setting up a fundraiser on Facebook click here and for a guide on how to setup a fundraiser on GiveMN click here.
- When: All funds raised through May 18,2018
- Who: Anyone who sets up an individual fundraising page and reaches the specific amount for each reward
- Rewards Include:
- Rocket Fuel: Fundraise $100 or more to receive the newly released TMG logo keychain.
- Blast OFF: Fundraise $150 or more to receive a TMG limited edition 2nd anniversary patch and all lower rewards
- Lower Orbit: Fundraise $250 or more to receive a TMG logo coffee mug, TMG Logo patch, “Follow Me To Mars” bumper sticker, TMG Logo Pin and all lower rewards
- Deep Space: Fundraise $500 or more to receive a TMG “Onward To Mars” #TrainLikeAMartian T-shirt and all lower rewards
- Asteroid Visit: Fundraise $850 or more to receive a TMG logo hoodie sweatshirt and all lower rewards
- Moon Travel: Fundraise $1000 or more to receive a private Google+ Hangout Session with Astronaut Abby! Also receive all lower rewards.
- Mars Or Bust: Fundraise $5000 or more to have Astronaut Abby speak at your corporate, school or community event. This is subject to availability and event must be in the continental U.S. **Any speaking requests outside continental U.S. will be subject to transportation and room and board fees for Abby and one guest and is subject to availability. Please contact groundsupport@TheMarsGeneration.org to discuss details.
We will be awarding a TMG patch jacket to the Top fundraiser