This scholarship is for 100% of the tuition to 1 week of space camp (July 12-17, 2020) and includes a flight suit, transportation and a small spending stipend. The total value is approximately $3,000.
Applications are now OPEN! Click here for application.
Applications are due by January 15, 2020. Application requirements include:
- Must join the TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program (see themarsgeneration.org for information and to signup)
- Family must qualify for the USDA free and reduced lunch program. We do require verification of your family qualification of the USDA free and reduced lunch program if you are awarded a scholarship.
- Must live in the continental U.S. (Lower 48 states)
- Must be able to attend Space Camp the week of July 12 – 17, 2020
- Have never attended Space Camp USA in Huntsville, Alabama
- Must be between the age of 15-17 as of July 1, 2020
- Application must be submitted by 11:59pm January 15, 2020
Application for the scholarship consists of 3 parts:
- Fill out the application form which includes an outreach project proposal. Students who are awarded a TMG Space Camp Scholarship will be required to complete an outreach presentation where they share their Space Camp experience with their community.
- Student will need to create and submit a short video (under 3 minutes) introducing themselves and explaining why STEM education and/or space exploration are important to the future of humankind. Students should also talk about why they think they would benefit from attending Space Camp. Videos will need to be emailed to email@example.com with the student’s full name and words “Space Camp Scholarship Application 2020” in Subject line of the email as well as in the title of the video file.
- Students will need to have a mentor or teacher fill out out a recommendation form.
***If student is chosen to receive a scholarship their family will need to pay a $300 deposit at the time of accepting the scholarship. The deposit will be returned after the student attends Space Camp and upon submitting a video of the presentation.